Smoke from tobacco harms people who smoke and the people around them. There is no safe level of smoking or being exposed to smoke.
We are a smoke free organisation. This means that smoking is not allowed in any of our buildings or grounds (including the ward garden areas). This applies to staff, service users and visitors.
If you smoke and are admitted to one of our wards, please do not worry. Trained clinicians will support you to stay smoke free during your stay.
You will have free access to nicotine replacement therapy (also called NRT). You’ll also get support to switch to an e-cigarette, which is a popular and simple way to cut your tobacco intake down quickly and safely.
What support do we provide?
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to help you manage not smoking while on Trust premises. NRT includes nicotine patches, inhalers, gum and lozenges that help take away the urge to smoke.
- Service users may use their own e-cigarettes in designated areas if they prefer.
- Activities are offered to replace the activity of smoking.
- Stop smoking support is available for service users and staff who would like to stop smoking permanently.
- Staff time previously used to assist smoking breaks is available to support service user recovery.
- Staff are offered up to six weeks free NRT as well as face-to-face support.
To find out more about our stop smoking support e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Yorkshire Smokefree is an NHS service that offers a range of support, advice and encouragement to stop smoking, and it is completely free of charge. Everyone is different, so there are a range of support options available.
Telephone: 0800 612 0011 (free from landlines)
Telephone: 0330 660 1166 (free from most mobiles)
Visit them: Quit Shop, 77 The Moor, Sheffield, S1 4PF. Call in advance or drop in where they can offer a confidential and expert service to help you quit smoking for good.
Support is also available through the national smoke free service online at www.nhs.uk/smokefree or by telephoning 0300 1231044 (free) to speak to an expert advisor.
Initiatives we’ve signed up to
We have signed the Breathe 2025 pledge that supports the vision to see the next generation of children born and raised in a place free from tobacco.
You can make the pledge at breathe2025.org.uk
We are a partner of Smokefree Sheffield which aims to inspire a smokefree generation in our city.
Find out more at www.smokefreesheffield.org
Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) is a public health charity that works to eliminate the harm caused by tobacco.
Equally Well is a collaborative to support the physical health of people with a mental illness.