Freedom of Information requests

**Please note**

Update as of Thursday 11 January 2024

We have previously issued updates on this page about the unprecedented situation we faced as we worked through a very significant backlog of requests.

We have now successfully worked through the vast majority of this backlog and so the situation has returned to normal. That means if you make a request you can expect to receive a response in the permitted time frame.

Thank you for your patience as we worked through the situation.

If you want to submit a request please see the details below.

What is the Freedom of Information Act?

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is a law passed by the Government that gives you the right to request information from public services.

The aim of the Act is to promote trust and confidence in public services, including the NHS, by providing clear information and being open about what we do.

How to make a Freedom of Information request

You can make a request in writing, either by post to:

Freedom of Information,

Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust,

45 Wardsend Road,

Sheffield, S6 1LX

Or an email to

Alternatively you can use our FOI microsite (click here - please note this is an external site).

The request must include your full name and address so that we can contact you.

You do not need to tell us why you want the information, however, you must give us enough detail about the information you require to allow us to correctly identify and find it.

Freedom of Information publication scheme

We make as much information as we can readily available to members of the public wanting to know more about the work we do. 

You can take a look at our Freedom of Information publication scheme here

Can I get access to information about myself or other service users?

The Freedom of Information Act does not change the legal right of service users to protection of their patient confidentiality. Maintaining this right of confidentiality is an important commitment for all NHS organisations.

You may obtain access to your own health records under the Data Protection Act 2018 by visiting our Access to Records page.

Will I be able to get access to all of the Trust's information?

The right to obtain information may be limited by some exemptions which are listed within the Act. The effect of the exemptions is that we may not be able to supply all or part of the information requested.

If possible we will supply the information requested with the exempt information removed.

Complaints and appeals

Any complaints about our handling of your request should be sent by letter to:

Head of Corporate Affairs, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Centre Court, Atlas Way, Sheffield, S4 7QQ

You can also contact the Information Commissioners Office by visiting

Share this

Was this page useful?