Work has kicked off to refit the ward formerly known as Stanage!
This is the latest project to get started from our therapeutic environments programme.
The refurbishment will create a new-look ward, designed with the comfort and safety of service users at its heart.
It will include:
- All ensuite bedrooms
- New dispensary and treatment room
- New de-escalation space with access to an outdoor space
- Green room (mini gym)
- Relaxation/activity room
- Redesigned courtyard and open access to an unsupervised garden space
- Redesigned occupational therapy kitchen
- Improved staff facilities
In the pictures you can see the ward after it was decommissioned and ready for the contractors to begin.