Information for SHSC service users
(Last updated - Tuesday 23 February 2021)
Who’s it being offered to?
If you are aged 64 or over, or have been told to shield, you can get the vaccine now. Book an appointment at nhs.uk/covidvaccine, or call 119 if you can’t access the internet.
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to people most at risk from coronavirus.
In England, the vaccine is being offered in some hospitals and pharmacies, at hundreds of local vaccination centres run by GPs and at larger vaccination centres. More centres are opening all the time.
Right now it's being given to priority groups in the following order:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- All those 65 years of age and over
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
At Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, our staff who fall into these categories are being vaccinated. The vaccine has also been given to some of our service users who are most at risk.
The order in which people will be offered the vaccine is based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
If you have not received a vaccine, please do not contact your GP, hospital or healthcare worker. Everybody in the above list will be contacted individually. If you are aged 70 or over, or have been told to shield, you can book an appointment to get the vaccine now at nhs.uk/covidvaccine, or call 119 if you can’t access the internet.
If you have received a vaccine, until the virus is under control you still need to follow all the guidance including social distancing, wearing face coverings and hand washing.
To find out more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the NHS website.
Are you a service user at Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust?
We’ve collected some useful information about the vaccine. If you have any questions about the vaccine, ask your primary care giver, they'll be happy to help.