SERVICE DESCRIPTION: Homeless, Gypsies/Traveller and Asylum Seeker Service
The team provides a nurse led service for asylum seeking families, gypsies and travellers and people living in temporary or hostel accommodation.
ADDRESS: Lightwood House, 1 Lightwood Lane, Sheffield S8 8BG
DIRECTORATE: Community Directorate, Planned and Scheduled Care
DATE: November 2019
The selection criteria for the above Service are applicable to:
- Homeless families and single pregnant women in temporary accommodation, domestic abuse refuges and B&BS.
- Young people (16-19years), adults in temporary accommodation and hostels.
- Gypsies and Travellers.
- Asylum Seeking Families, trafficked families and single pregnant women registered with The Mulberry Practice.
2. THE REFERRAL PROCESS
Referrals are accepted from professionals in health, social care, housing providers as well as the voluntary sector.
Self-referrals are accepted from people in temporary accommodation, bed and breakfast
accommodation, hostels and refuges.
3. GEOGRAPHICAL POPULATION COVERED
- The registered populations of NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group;
- People without settled accommodation that are resident in Sheffield