Birch Avenue has maintained its ‘good’ rating after being inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The nursing home was inspected to see how safe and well led the service is.
The CQC concluded that the team were performing to a good level in both areas, with some specific praise around:
- People being assisted but also given maximum choice and control
- Care being delivered in line with best practice evidence
- Staff were observed interacting in a caring and considerate way
- With a homely environment, residents seemed comfortable, happy, and relaxed
- Having a good system in place to communicate with relatives
Emily Blakeman, clinical manager at Birch Avenue, said: “We have had a lot of changes within the management team and overall structure in the last few years so it’s been a lot of creating a good, tight- knit team that our staff feel that they can come to. I’ve always said that the staff working at Birch Avenue are unsung heroes because of the care and passion that comes through in their daily work to bring quality and joy to those they care for. And clearly it shines through!
“We are over the moon with the CQC report and the recognition for the amazing works taking place!”
A huge congratulations to everybody at Birch Avenue for your brilliant care and dedication!