The Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy is a level 2 accredited course with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP). The course is run by Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Trust and validated by Sheffield Hallam University.
Who is the course for?
The Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy is suitable for people in a number of different career pathways:
- It’s aimed at mental health workers with a core profession such as a social worker or nurse who want to take steps to become Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists. For a list of core professions please visit the BABCP website.
- The course might also be a good fit for applicants who don’t have a professional qualification, but who have significant and substantial alternative mental health experience at an appropriate level. Applicants without a core profession will need to complete a Knowledge Skills and Attitudes Portfolio.
What will you gain from taking the course?
By completing the course, you will:
- Become a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist who is eligible for accreditation with the BABCP and able to apply for senior roles in the NHS and wider health care settings
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to assess, formulate and treat people who are likely to benefit from Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy.
- Learn how to apply CBP to a wide range of presentations including complex mental health problem
- Develop as a clinical leader within Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy services and learn to be an autonomous practitioner in health and social care settings.
- Become skilled in the critical appraisal of knowledge as well as Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy clinical practice skills.
Why should you apply?
- 100% of graduates in the past two years have gone on to be employed as a CBP therapist at Band 7
- BABCP level 2 accreditation means that you can be assured that this course is of the highest standard and will ensure you meet the requirements for therapist accreditation once you have completed your studies
- Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Trust and Sheffield Hallam University have 18 years’ history of successfully training Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists.
- Students on the course have full access to Sheffield Hallam University facilities and resources
- A two year part time course gives students the opportunity to consolidate their learning while developing their clinical skills
- You will learn how to work with common mental health problems such as anxiety disorders and depression as well as how to approach more complex presentations. The course includes teaching in research and leadership, so you’ll gain the skills required to apply for leadership roles in health and social care.
- The course is delivered by BABCP accredited experts in the field at Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Trust.
- Small group sizes facilitate group discussions and shared learning. You’ll get to know your tutor and receive bespoke support and teaching.
Course fees for 2019-2020
A limited number of places are available for NHS employees, or those working for NHS accredited partner organisations, working in the Yorkshire and Humber region. Please enquire about eligibility and availability.
- The course is currently open for applications.
- The course begins in September 2019
How to apply
If you’re interested in the Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, please download and read the application information.
To apply, or to find out more about the course, contact Amanda Smallwood at firstname.lastname@example.org